whatever the reason... i enjoy the time i get to reflect.
so i just finished the book "A Man's Search for Meaning" and if you haven't read it... i suggest you get on that. it will make you ponder & think about the true meaning of your existence & what drives you to do the things that you do. it's written by this psychiatrist Viktor Frankl that survives four concentration camps and shares his psychological views & experiences within the camp. let me just give you some of my favorite quotes of the book to give you an idea on how deep & inspiring it truly is.
- "We who lived in the concentration camps can remember the men who walked through the huts comforting others, giving away their last piece of bread. They may have been few in number, but they offer sufficient proof that everything can be taken from a man but one thing: the last of the human freedoms-to choose one's attitude in any given set of circumstances, to choose one's own way."
- "If there is meaning in life at all, then there must be meaning in suffering... without suffering and death human life cannot be complete"
- "But there is no need to be ashamed of tears; for tears bore witness that a man had the greatest of courage, courage to suffer."
- "Everyone has his own specific vocation or mission in life to carry out a concrete assignment which demands fulfillment. Therein he cannot be replaced, nor can his life be repeated."
- "Love is the only way to grasp another human being in the innermost core of his personality. No one can become fully aware of the very essence of another human being unless he loves him."
- "He who has a Why to live for can bear almost any How."
and to think... those are just a couple. really makes you think doesn't it? i've found the meaning for my life...