sometimes it's hard to let go of the people that were so influential and (at one point) so important in your life... but when all they do is hurt you... it's time to let go. i know that certain people are placed into our lives for reasons: to help us grow, mature, learn, and develop but that doesn't mean that they need to stay in our lives forever. some people will always be in our lives like our families or our best friends, the ones that we can't imagine life without. you know.. the friends that will have your back no matter what and answer your phone calls at 2 am just because they love you. those people are there to stay. although you may grow up, move far away, get married and be busy with kids, a husband, and life, they will be there when you need them.
so for today, i am turning over a new leaf. i love the people in my life and the awesome relationships i have that are based on trust and understanding. for all of you... thank you for touching my life. i love you.
May 3, 2012
back in good ol' gilbert for the summer. my how i've missed this place. don't get me wrong, i miss provo and all the amazing friends and the spirit of BYU but some things at home are just so sweet and i have come to appreciate all the things that i have missed about home:
- my loving family and the great times we have together (including my adorable nephew)
- driving around in my jeep
- late nights with my favorite girls from high school
- my mom's cooking
- my home ward with people that love and care about me
- babysitting for adorable kiddos
- my job as a lifeguard and all my co-lifeguard friends
- watching pretty little liars with my mom
- seeing the gilbert temple being built
- my bedroom
some simple pleasures at home i have definitely advantage of and its so good to remember how blessed i am
the gilbert temple is looking awesome
this cutie is so fun
ah mom's cooking....
ive missed the Bates kids
isn't my bedroom a haven??